Language Translators

As a Translator, the consequences of any errors or omissions in your work could potentially be very significant. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers your legal defence costs and damages awarded against you if a client should pursue you for compensation.

  • Get a quick quote in 90 seconds

  • Arrange cover in around 5 minutes

  • Pay by interest-free installments

What insurance do I need as a Translator?

The core cover is Professional Indemnity insurance, which is included on all of our policies for Independent Professionals. This relates to the advisory element of your work and specifically any errors in the advice you give, or any omissions where you failed to give important advice.

Professional Indemnity Insurance helps you defend such claims and you can choose a level of indemnity of up to £5m to pay towards your legal costs and damages awarded against you. Our policy works on a ‘claims made’ basis, meaning that if you receive a claim whilst your policy is in force, it will be covered even if the claim relates to work you did before you took out the policy. This effectively gives you full retroactive cover for your previous work.

As well as Professional Indemnity cover, you can add any of the following additional covers to your policy:

  • Public Liability Insurance which covers any injury or property damage suffered by your clients or other third parties.
  • Business Equipment Insurance which protects your equipment at home and whilst travelling between locations.
  • Employers’ Liability Insurance is a legal requirement if you employ staff and covers your liability if they are injured in the course of their work.
  • Management Liability Insurance can protect you if you operate as a Limited Company and includes cover for IR35 Tax Investigations.

How common are claims against Translators?

Thankfully, claims against Translators are rare. When such claims occur though, they can be costly, complex and time-consuming. Because compensation claims are a legal matter, it’s important that you get the right advice quickly should the worst happen.

Professional Indemnity cover provides this support through ourselves, the AXA claims team and where necessary, a solicitor to help you defend the claim. Rather than pay for any legal support upfront, you simply report the claim and we will guide you through the process.

As the internet drives the need for multi-lingual content, translators are increasingly in demand, and we expect to see the number of compensation claims against them rise accordingly in the coming years.

Why should I deal with iPro for my Professional Indemnity Insurance?

As part of Bridge Insurance Brokers – one of the UK’s Top 50 brokers – we hold ‘Chartered Insurance Broker’ status. This is in recognition of our technical knowledge, capability and ethical business practices. We arrange cover for Translators with AXA Insurance UK – an established insurer with a strong reputation for claims service. You can spread the cost of your insurance with us through interest-free instalments.

Get a quote today

As an Independent Professional, the cover you need to protect yourself from compensation claims needn’t be expensive. You can get an indicative quote very quickly, be covered within minutes and spread the cost through interest-free instalments. All of our policies include Professional Indemnity cover – with full retroactive cover – as standard, with cover provided by AXA Insurance plc.

Start your quote

Our latest blogs

Get in touch

Chosen provider of iPro's insurance products

Click to get an instant quote
Wildcard SSL